Your current plan’s coverage is based on a calendar year and will expire on Dec. 31. Some time before the beginning of Annual Open Period (November 15), you’ll get 2 notices: one – from Marketplace, another from your insurance company. They will inform you whether you’ll be enrolled automatically in the same or similar plan, in the case if you don’t take any action. But you may change your Obamacare health plan, even after you’ve been automatically enrolled in a plan.
When to change Obamacare health plan for 2015?
If your insurance company notice says that you’ll be enrolled automatically in the same or similar plan, and you do not renew or change coverage by December 15, then your coverage will automatically restart on January 1 and your premium credit will stay the same.
Whether or not you have an option to enroll automatically, you always can change your health plan during Annual Open Enrollment that runs from November 15 through February 15.
For application received on the 1st-15th calendar day of a given month, the coverage begins on the 1st day of the following month. For application received on the 16th-31st calendar day of a given month, the coverage begins on the 1st day of the second following month.
The last day to change the plans is Feb. 15, 2015. Coverage will start on March 1, 2015. After this you can’t change the plans until the next Annual Open Enrollment, unless you have a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
How to change Obamacare health plan for 2015?
- On the Federal Marketplace site, click See Plans & Prices. Review the available on Marketplace plans, and compare them with your current plan.
- Login into your Marketplace account.
- Select your 2015 application. It’ll be pre-filled with 2014 information
- Edit the application by making changes in income and other household information. It will allow you to determine whether you are entitled to government subsidies, the amount of your premium tax credit and cost-sharing reductions. For more details, see How to report changes to your 2015 health plan application?
- You’ll get the new eligibility results based on updated information
- You may now enroll in your current plan or select another plan available in the Marketplace.
Please give us your feedback!
What do you think about How to change Obamacare health plan for 2015? Write your comments.
If you are considering buying insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace, let us guide you. To see real quotes from insurance providers, visit our Health Insurance Marketplace Quotes, contact Liberty Medicare or give us a call at 877-657-7477.