Stonebridge Medicare Supplement from Stonebridge Life Insurance Company is a welcomed addition to the family of Medicare Supplement (Medigap) providers. Stonebridge Insurance is a Transamerica Company with more than a century of experience and offering a wide array of innovative financial services and products. Like all Medigap vendors, the company helps with your out of pocket costs that are not covered by Original Medicare Parts A and B.
Like all Medicare Supplement vendors, Stonebridge Medicare Supplement operates in the world of Standardized Medigap Plans. There are 10 standardized plans denoted by letter (Medigap Plan A through Medigap Plan N), each with its own set of benefits. Whatever vendor you choose for your Medigap plan, benefits are defined only by the type of plan you’ve selected, and not by the carrier.
It’s also important to emphasize the other common features for all Medigap providers:
- Each vendor offers multiple plans to meet your needs. Some plans, like Medigap Plan F, are typically offered by most vendors. Other plans are offered only by few vendors. Stonebridge offers the following Medigap Plans: Medigap Plan A, Medigap Plan F, Medigap Plan G, and Medigap Plan N.
- Processing of Medigap claims is centralized and identical from vendor to vendor. There is virtually no claims paperwork.
- Your policy is guaranteed renewable, i.e. it cannot be canceled at any time.
- You cannot be singled out for a rate increase, your premium will change only with a rate increase in your classification group in the geographic area of your state.
So, with the commonality among different Medicare Supplement providers, what differentiates Stonebridge from other Medigap insurance companies?
Stonebridge Medicare Supplement from Stonebridge Insurance – How is it different?
The differences between Stonebridge Insurance and other Medigap vendors are in two areas: Financial Strength Ratings and Very Affordable Medicare Supplement Rates.
Financial Strength Ratings
Financial Strength Ratings are measures of a company’s financial strength and its operating performance. It is less important for Medicare Supplement Plans than for other Health Plans (See How important are Medicare Supplement Insurance Company Ratings). Nevertheless, since it is a measure of a company’s financial stability, it adds to company respectability and to positive client perception.
Stonebridge Life Insurance Company has impeccable financial strength ratings:
- A.M. Best A+ – Superior (2nd of 16 categories)
- Fitch AA – Very Strong (4th of 19 categories)
- Standard & Poor’s AA – Very Strong (4th of 21 categories)
A.M. Best is normally used as a measure of financial stability for Medigap vendors. Very few companies have an A+ rating.
Affordable Medicare Supplement Rates
Stonebridge Insurance offers Medigap plans in 21 US States. In many states their rates are very competitive. Consider, for example, Stonebridge rates for three Mid-Atlantic States: Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. The tables below provide Stonebridge Premium vs. Premiums Range of other Medigap vendors (with A.M. Best ratings equal or above B++) for Medigap Plan F. Rates are shown for males and females ages 65, 70 and 75 for different zip codes in the tri-state area.
|Female, 65 years old|
|Male, 65 years old|
|Female, 70 years old|
|Male, 70 years old|
|Female, 75 years old|
|Male, 75 years old|
As you see from the above, Stonebridge Medicare Supplement Rates are either low or very close to being the lowest. Rates get become better with age, so premiums for ages 70 and 75, in most cases, are the lowest on the market; particularly for females.
Please give us your feedback!
What do you think about Stonebridge Medicare Supplement? Write your comments.
For help finding the best Medicare or Individual Health Plan for you, please contact Liberty Medicare or call us at 877-657-7477.