Medicare Supplement Plans in PA, also known as Medigap plans in PA, provide protection against Original Medicare out-of-pocket costs. Costs include deductibles, co-payments, coinsurances and excess charges. Without such plans your Medicare health costs may be staggering.
Medicare Supplement Plans in PA are sold by private insurance companies licensed in Pennsylvania. Most Medigap rules and regulations are common in all states. The exceptions are Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. In particular, Standardized Medicare Supplement Plans in PA define benefits common in all states for all vendors that offer a particular Medigap plan.
Here is the list of the major common benefits of Medicare Supplement Plans:
- There is no network for Medicare Supplement Plans in PA
- All Medicare Supplement plans are guaranteed renewable
- Medicare Supplement benefits are paid by Medigap vendors after Medicare has paid its share of the bill
- Medicare Supplement Plans in PA provide extra benefits that are not a part of Original Medicare
Premiums for Medicare Supplement Plans in PA are determined by the following factors:
- Zip code (and sometimes a county within the zip code)
- Whether or not you are a tobacco user.
Rates are usually higher in urban areas and lower in rural areas. For most Medigap insurance companies, female rates are 10-15% lower than male rates. Some Pennsylvania carriers add extra benefits outside of the standard benefits. Examples are the Silver Sneakers health program and Vision Plan discount. Contact Liberty Medicare for more information.
Medicare Supplement Plans in PA: Specific Medigap Regulations
Pennsylvania law prohibits Medicare providers to charge more than what Medicare allows. This difference is known as Extra Charges. In other words, Extra Charges are illegal in Pennsylvania. Therefore, the less expensive Medicare Supplement Plans in PA that do not include Extra Charges, such as Medigap Plan C and Medigap Plan D are identical to the more expensive plans that include Extra Charges, such as Medigap Plan F and Medigap Plan G.
The Federal Government has no requirements that would force Medigap carriers to sell Medicare policies to people under the age of 65. However, Pennsylvania has added requirements that allow people under 65 to get Medicare Supplement. These requirements include:
- All plans are available for people enrolling during the Medigap Open Enrollment
- Medigap plans A, B, C and F are available for people entitled to Guaranteed Issue Rights
Most Pennsylvania Medicare Supplement vendors offer all Medigap plans for people ages 40-64. For most companies, the cost is typically the same as for people who are 65 years old, although for some companies it is substantially higher.
In addition to the standard Guaranteed Issue Rights, some states have additional special Guaranteed Issue periods, such as 30-day birthday period. Pennsylvania does not have such periods. Pennsylvania does permit a household discount to be applied to Medigap policies, and several Medicare Supplement providers offer this discount.
Liberty Medicare list of Pennsylvania Medicare Supplement carriers
Pennsylvania Medicare Supplement providers represented by Liberty Medicare offer a variety of Medigap plans. Some vendors sell all the available Standardized plans. The range of vendors’ premiums for Medicare Supplement plans in PA is quite wide. Contact Liberty Medicare for help with selecting your Medigap plan.
- AARP / United Healthcare
- Aetna Senior Products
- Capital Blue Cross
- Central States Indemnity (CSI) / CSI Life
- Cigna Medicare Supplement
- Combined Insurance
- Equitable Life
- Greek Catholic Union
- Highmark Blue Shield – Central Pennsylvania
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield – Western Pennsylvania
- Loyal Christian Benefit Association (LCBA)
- Manhattan Life
- Medico® Corp Life Insurance Company
- Mutual of Omaha
- Philadelphia American Life
- Sentinel Security Life
- Thrivent Financial
- Transamerica Premier Life
Let Liberty Medicare Help you to Select one of Medicare Supplement Plans in PA
Liberty Medicare is here to help you in all stages of comparing, selecting and enrolling in the best and most suitable Pennsylvania Medicare Supplement Plan for you.
All of our services are offered to you at no cost. We’ll help you:
- Find all available to you plans and compare their benefits
- Determine your eligibility (particularly if medical underwriting is required)
- Find the least expensive Medigap plan and enroll into it
Learn more about all benefits of working with Liberty Medicare.
If you are looking for Medicare Supplement coverage, let us guide you. To view real quotes from providers of Medicare Supplement plans in PA, please fill out our Medicare Supplement Quote form, or give us a call at 877-657-7477.