2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is running this year from October 15th through December 7th, and provides the best opportunity for switching or dropping Medicare plans. Here is some information about 2015 plans.
2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment: Medicare Advantage and PDP plans
According to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and to Kaiser Family Foundation, in 2015:
- The average Medicare Advantage monthly premium will increase $2.94 to $33.90.
- 61 percent of Medicare Advantage plan enrollees will experience no premium increase in 2015.
- There will be 1,945 plans in 2015, compared with 2,014 plans in 2014.
- The percentage of enrollees in plans with 4 or more stars will increase to about 60% in 2015 from about 50% last year.
- Average monthly premium for PDP plan in expected to rise 4% in 2015, to $38.83 from $37.27.
- PDP plans are keeping monthly premium low by imposing a standard $320 Part D deductible, rather than setting the deductible at $0.
Liberty Medicare and 2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment
Liberty Medicare will help you select and enroll in one or several Medicare Plans that are BEST FOR YOU: Medicare Supplement (Medigap), Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans. We only represent well-established and nationally known insurance companies doing business in the Mid-Atlantic States (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland) as well as in two Mid-West states (Illinois and Ohio).
Read more about your opportunities for the 2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period.
Please give us your feedback!
What do you think about 2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is ready to begin? Write your comments.
If you are considering buying insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace, let us guide you. To see real quotes from insurance providers, visit our Health Insurance Marketplace Quotes, contact Liberty Medicare or give us a call at 877-657-7477.