There is one Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs in Maryland: Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (SPDAP).
Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (SPDAP)
- Must be a resident of MD at least for 6 months; and
- At or below 300% FPL ($36,180 for an individual and $48,720 for a couple for 2017) and enrolled in Medicare; and
- Must enroll or be enrolled in a qualified Medicare Rx (Part D) plan or Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan; and
- Must not be qualified for full federal “extra help” LIS benefits
- Successful applicants can receive up to $40 per month ($480 annually) towards the cost of their monthly Medicare Rx or Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug premium.
- There are 46 different prescription benefit plans and Medicare Advantage drug plan options from which to choose
- As a Medicare Part D recipient you are responsible for 100% of your prescription drug costs while in the coverage gap, less applicable Federal Drug Discounts and any supplemental coverage offered by your plan. If your total drug costs exceed $3,310 before the end of the year, you may be eligible for this new Coverage Gap Subsidy. The maximum benefit per member is $600.00.
For more details about Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (SPDAP), please visit SPDAP Overview, or call 1-800-551-5995.