UPDATED Feb. 8, 2019. There is one State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program (SPAP) in Maryland: Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (Maryland SPDAP). It provides low-cost prescription drugs to qualified Maryland residents having Medicare.
Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (Maryland SPDAP)
- Must be a resident of MD at least for 6 months; and
- Must enroll or be enrolled in a qualified Medicare Rx (Part D) plan or Medicare Advantage plan with Prescription Drugs (MAPD); and
- At or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and
- Must not be qualified for full federal “extra help” LIS benefits
- Successful applicants can receive up to $40 per month ($480 annually) towards the cost of their monthly Medicare Rx or Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug premium.
- There are 54 different prescription benefit plans and Medicare Advantage drug plan options from which to choose
- As a Medicare Part D recipient, you are responsible for 100% of your prescription drug costs while in the coverage gap, less applicable Federal Drug Discounts and any supplemental coverage offered by your plan. If your total drug costs exceed $3,750 before the end of the year, you may be eligible for the new Coverage Gap Subsidy. Its maximum benefit per member in 2019 is $1,700.00.
For more details about the Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (Maryland SPDAP), please visit SPDAP Overview, or call 1-800-551-5995.
How Can Liberty Medicare Help with Drug Costs?
Liberty Medicare is a leading insurance agency that specializes in Medicare insurance in Maryland. All our services are entirely free to you. An essential part of our job is to provide suggestions on available State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (such as Maryland SPDAP) that will help with your Prescription Drug Costs.
You should be aware that State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAPs) qualify for the Special Enrollment Period (SEP). It allows you to change your Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan once per calendar quarter during the first nine months of the year.
Learn more about all the benefits of working with Liberty Medicare.
Receive our Medicare Quotes, or give us a call at 877-657-7477, and you will be connected to a licensed agent/broker.