Until recently, the only way for an agent to enroll a non-local client in a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan was by using regular mail. The paper application was sent, the client completed and signed it, and the completed application with enclosed check was mailed back to the agent. The agent then sent or faxed the application to the vendor. Not anymore. The power of the Internet and electronic applications (E-Apps) offered by many vendors raised the Medigap enrollment process to a new level. Read below about all the advantages using Medicare Supplement E-Apps.
Advantages of Medicare Supplement E-Apps
The major advantages of using Medicare Supplement E-Apps include:
- There is no need for paper and mailing. All critical processing, such as the client’s signature and need for a check, are done electronically.
- Incomplete applications and errors are reduced dramatically.
- Electronic applications are much easier to revise than paper applications.
Ultimately, the enrollment process is much faster and offers a superior opportunity for non-local clients.
Make Clients a Part of the Process
Because the role of an agent is to help select the best plan for their clients, clients should have an active part in the Medicare Supplement E-App process. Today, using the power of “shared screen” technology, it is very easy to do. The agent and client share the common screen and both can enter new and modify existing data. This way, a high degree of collaboration is achieved.
Liberty Medicare and Medicare Supplement E-Apps Vendors
The Liberty Medicare list of Medicare Supplement Providers includes many prominent companies offering Medicare Supplement E-Apps. Once the company offers E-App, it is typically used for any state where the company sells Medigap plans.
Below is the Liberty Medicare list of Medicare Supplement Providers that offer E-Apps:
- AARP / United Healthcare
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Care First
- Central States Indemnity (CSI)
- Cigna Medicare Supplement
- Combined Insurance
- Family Life
- Manhattan Life
- Mutual of Omaha / Omaha Insurance Company / United of Omaha / United World
- New Era / Philadelphia American Life
- Oxford Life Insurance
Please give us your feedback!
What do you think about Medicare Supplement E-Apps? Write your comments.
If you are looking for Medigap coverage with companies offering Medicare Supplement E-Apps, let us guide you. To view real quotes from Medigap plan providers, please fill out our Medicare Supplement Quote form, or give us a call at 877-657-7477.