You must report to Marketplace any changes to your 2015 health plan application. Read below about types of changes to report, as well as when and how to do it.
Why is it important to report your changes?
By reporting household, income and other changes, you may affect your coverage in multiple ways, such as:
- You may gain or lose government subsidies
- The amount of your premium tax credit as well as cost-sharing reductions may change
- You may gain or lose eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP
What changes should be reported?
Any changes to the information on your application, such as:
- Changes to income
- Changes in the job-based coverage to anyone in your household
- Changes in the household, such as birth or adoption, divorce or separation, death, change in the dependence status, etc.
- Change in your address
When to report changes?
Any changes reported before Nov. 15, 2014 will affect your 2014 coverage, which ends on Dec. 31, 2014.
Any changes reported after Nov. 15, 2014 will affect your 2015 coverage. Therefore, report changes as soon as possible starting Nov. 15, 2014 – beginning of the 2015 Open Enrollment Period.
How to report changes?
- Login into your Marketplace account.
- You may update either 2014 application (before Nov. 15), or 2015 application (after Nov. 15)
- After Nov. 2015, you’ll see the 2015 application pre-filled with 2014 information
- Edit it making changes in income and other household information
- You’ll get the new eligibility results based on updated information
- You may now enroll in your current plan or select another plan.
Please give us your feedback!
What do you think about How to report changes to your 2015 health plan application? Write your comments.
If you are considering buying insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace, let us guide you. To see real quotes from insurance providers, visit our Health Insurance Marketplace Quotes, contact Liberty Medicare or give us a call at 877-657-7477.