How to Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan? Here are several questions you should ask when choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan.
How to Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan – Medicare Advantage Costs
- What is the monthly premium (in addition to Part B premium)?
- What is the annual deductible?
- What are the copayments for:
– Doctor visits (PCP, Specialist)?
– Hospital Services?
– Home Health Care?
– Skilled Nursing Care?
– Emergency Care?
- Does the plan pay a maximum amount for certain services? If so, which services?
- What is the total annual maximum of out-of-pocket costs?
Medicare Advantage Network and Access to Doctors
- Is my Primary Care Physician (PCP) within the network?
- Are local hospitals within the network?
- How extensive is the list of network specialists? Are they conveniently located near me?
- Is a referral required to see a specialist?
- What is the payment for seeing a doctor outside of the network?
- What happens if the plan does not have the type of specialist I need?
- How is the lab work done? What is the copayment/ coinsurance?
How to Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan – Extra Benefits
- What are Hearing benefits?
- What are Dental benefits?
- A wellness program?
Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D) as a part of Medicare Advantage
- Is Part D available?
- Will my current prescription be covered? At what cost?
- How are generic drugs covered? Brand-name drugs? “Specialty” drugs?
- What is the copayment for prescriptions?
- Is there any prescription coverage during the doughnut hole? If so, which one?
- May I use a regular pharmacy?
- May I use a mail-order pharmacy?
How to Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan – Plan Quality
- What kind of quality is offered in regards to the plan’s customer service?
– When are phone services are available?
– Who answers the phone and how long is the wait time?
– How friendly and helpful is phone support?
- What is the plan’s star rating?
Let Liberty Medicare Help You in Choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan
If you are looking for Medicare Advantage coverage, Liberty Medicare is here to assist you. We’ll help in all stages of comparing, selecting and enrolling in the best and most suitable Medicare Advantage Plan for you. Our services are offered at no cost to you.
Learn more about all the benefits of working with Liberty Medicare.
Contact us with your Medicare Questions, or give us a call at 877-657-7477, and you will be connected to a licensed agent/broker.