Here are several questions you should ask when choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan.
Medicare Advantage Costs
- What is the monthly premium (in addition to Part B premium)?
- What is the annual deductible?
- What are the copayments for:
– Doctor visits (PCP, Specialist)?
– Hospital Services?
– Home Health Care?
– Skilled Nursing Care?
– Emergency Care?
- Does the plan pay a maximum amount for certain services? If so, which services?
- What is a total annual maximum of out-of-pocket costs?
Medicare Advantage Network and Access to Doctors
- Is my Primary Care Physician (PCP) within the network?
- Are local hospitals within the network?
- How extensive is the list of network specialists? Are they conveniently located near me?
- Is a referral required to see a specialist?
- What is the payment for seeing a doctor outside of the network?
- What happens if the plan does not have the type of specialist I need?
- How is the lab work done? What is the copayment/ coinsurance?
Extra Benefits for Medicare Advantage Plans
- Hearing benefits?
- Dental benefits?
- A wellness program?
Prescription Drug Coverage (Part D) as a part of Medicare Advantage
- Is Part D available?
- Will my current prescription be covered? At what cost?
- How are generic drugs covered? Brand-name drugs? “Specialty” drugs?
- What is the copayment for prescriptions?
- Is there any prescription coverage during the doughnut hole? If so, which one?
- May I use a regular pharmacy?
- May I use a mail-order pharmacy?
Medicare Advantage Plan Quality
- What kind of quality is offered in regards to the plan’s customer service?
– When are phone services are available?
– Who answers the phone and how long is the wait time?
– How friendly and helpful is the phone support?
- What is the plan’s star rating?
Let Liberty Medicare Help you in Choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan
Our services are offered to you at no cost. If you are considering a Medicare Advantage Plan, let us help you.
Contact us with your Medicare Questions, or give us a call at 877-657-7477, and you will be connected to a licensed agent/broker.